- Introduction: Motivation, environmental pollution noise, human hearing, harmfulness limits, guidelines, noise assessment (emission and immission limits), noise types.
- Level calculation: motivation and definition of levels, reference values, level arithmetic, rating levels.
- Introduction to machine acoustics: vibrations, single-mass oscillator, impedance and admittance, wave equation of the sound field, solution of the wave equation for 1D-, 2D- and 3D-sound fields, types of radiators and laws of propagation (spherical radiator – line radiator – area radiator), reflection and absorption, interference, diffraction, relationship between displacement, vibration velocity, and acceleration.
- Signal processing: frequency analysis, frequency filter, third octave and octave filters, A-, C- and Z-weighting.
- Machine Acoustic measurement techniques: transducers, methods of sound power determination: free field method, reverberation field method, reference sound source method, sound intensity method.
- Fundamental equation of Machine Acoustics and engineering noise control: noise generation in force-excited and velocity-excited machine structures, direct and indirect sound generation, distinction between primary and secondary noise reduction.
Mondays, 21.10.2019 – 10.02.2020;
10.45 Uhr – 13.20 Uhr
Prof. Dr.-Ing. Tobias Melz
Dr.-Ing. Christian Adams
|Exam type||written exam, 120 min|
|Exam date||to be announced|
Elective Area II (Kernlehrveranstaltungen)
Credit Points: 6